Skills for Life
As an organisation that works to promote PE, School Sport and Physical Activity opportunities, it is important for us to promote community sports clubs and events to engage pupils from school sport in to community sport. It is important for children and young people to be active outside of school to:
– support wellbeing
– encourage a healthy active lifestyle
– socialise and have fun
– progress in a specific sport
– participate in something new
– meet the government recommendations of a minimum of 60 mins activity per day
For full information on local activities in Medway and a list of community sports clubs, please click on the Medway Sport logo.
Club Marked Clubs
We would highly recommend attending a community sports club that has been accredited with Clubmark. Clubmark is the universally acknowledged cross sport accreditation scheme for community sports Clubs. It stands for:
– Higher standards of welfare, equity, coaching and management in community sports clubs.
– Making sure the nation’s sports club infrastructure is safer, stronger and more successful.
– Ensuring clubs provide the right environment to encourage all its members to enjoy sport and stay involved throughout their lives.
An accredited Club is recognised as a safe, rewarding and fulfilling place for participants of all ages as well as helping parents and carers know that they’re choosing the right Club for their young people.
To search for an accredited club mark club please click here.